Saturday, May 11, 2013

Christmas Trees, Disney, and Holiday Fun 2012

About this time I thought I was never gonna make it through the holidays, I was so sick for weeks and weeks that I even called my Doctor asking for the drugs (now I had an epidural free delivery with Blake so for me drugs are a last resort)! I tried them a few times but they offered such a small amount of relief I decided to tough it out. Thanksgiving I did not even cook or take one picture I think, my mom did everything and come Christmas time I was pulling very ounce of strength I had to get all the holiday traditions done we do every year. We managed ok, I did not do everything I wanted but it was still a great time spent with our baby boy for what will be his last Christmas as an only child.


 Tree picking time!

 At the Winter Festival Blake mainly enjoyed the funnel cake and fresh squeezed lemonade (can you say Krayton!)

 Parade

 Thats right we string our lights on the tree naked around here!

 Last year Blake didn't really care to spend much time on the gingerbread house, this year he spent about an hour decorating it just right.



 Of course we made our Christmas Disney trip, and although I was not feeling great you can not miss Disney at Christmas time.


 Serious convo with Piglet


 Blake is a thrill seeker (God help us) he loves roller coasters and simulation rides... all of it. Krayton and I do NOT! When he is older we are not sure who will be going on those scary big people coasters with him. The barnstormer is now one of his favorite rides at Disney (he calls it Goofy Ride) and he usually rides it at least 3 times in a row.

 This is what happens when the ride is over and how he often gets the ride attendants to let him get right back on.

 "Goofy Ride!!!!!"

  This totally happened he punched Vanillopee....

 Light show at Hollywood studios is not to be missed....

 unless your 3.

 Universal day... the kid loves fair games.

 A huge Krusty doll, what kid doesn't need that.

 The Woody Woodpecker ride results in the same feelings as the barnstormer. He usually rides that 4 times at least.


 Back for the Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. In awe of the snow on main street.

 Epcot. We go to Disney so much that the pictures can feel repetitive, so I am trying to keep that in check.

 Back home decorating sugar cone trees.

 Dorothy B. Oven lights, a yearly tradition followed by doughnuts!

Next up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!
 We of course had to do the Living Nativity with doughnuts, hot cocoa, and Charlie Brown.



 This year my friend Ashley scored us some Singing Christmas Tree tickets, it was amazing!
Thanks Ash!

 We made the yearly trek to see Santa, and build a bear. Blake did not want to build a bear but did decide to make a purchase at the Hallmark store.


Blake also did not want to see Santa, and since he is old enough now to make his own decisions we didn't force him to.

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Wahoo! Got a shout out on the blog! ;)
glad to see you back at it