Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Orlando Adventure Begins....Day 1

We just got back from an amazing mini Orlando vacation. Needless to say I took many many pictures and so I figured I would post in "days." We headed there because of one my favorite people was doing a book signing, Pioneer Woman is an amazing blogger, cook, photographer and mother, and so my husband said okay lets go. I am blessed with a husband who will do almost anything to make me happy and that includes driving 4 hours to Orlando and waiting in line for 3 hours so his wife could get a cookbook signed.
The drive was fine Blakey was a trooper as usual, but when we arrived to our hotel, The Portifino our room wasn't ready do we waited in the lobby for a bit, they gave Blake a little people toy so he was happy.
We had to wait a long time to meet Pioneer Woman and my husband and son were so patient and did a lot of this, playing and talking on the phone.
She was very pretty and so kind. She brought her daughters with her and while I made a trip to the bathroom they were all three in there and asked to take a picture of Blake because they thought he was so cute (you were right Danielle ), then 3 other people in line asked to take his picture, I am still unsure how I feel about random people taking his picture but can't figure out what to say in response.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

How can you resist Blake!! I can see why people want his picture. Are those all gifts from people on her table?

The Johnsons said...

Ahh thanks! And yes they are she got a ton of gifts!

Jessica said...

I'm not surprised either that people wanted to take his picture! :) So cool that you met her and have pictures with her - looks like you made some great memories.