Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas celebrations begin....

Well I think I may have misplaced a memory card somewhere and so Thanksgiving pictures are missing at this point but if and when I find it I will share. Until then Christmas time is here and I am excited. Last year I decided I would like to do some sort of Christmas activity everyday in December and that tradition is here to stay, with some modifications of course as life with a 2 year old can be unpredictable.
 Time to pick out a tree

 I sometimes think Blake may have inherited some of my OCD qualities and this pretty much sums up how i feel about picking a tree... conflicted. Trees are not perfect and they are lopsided and can have bare patches and so as a type a this can be a challenging event.

 Dinner at Red Elephant after tree time.

 A few days later after Blake was in recovery mode from his first stomach bug we decorated the tree, and I had to make hot cocoa, um did u know u could buy this at Costco? Its so good!
 Blake was really not into decorating the tree....but

 He did enjoy decorating his own mini tree notice all the ornaments stacked together

 Ok Happy Feet 2 is not a Christmas movie but it's wintery and a family activity together so to me it counts!
 Alright Zoolander we get your gorgeous!

 Blake loves to paint so I got a wooden train ornament for him to paint


We love window clings, I especially liked these because they involve bigger and smaller and top and bottom etc and learning as you know is best during play.

No comments: