Sunday, July 11, 2010

He's One!!!! The Big Birthday Begins

Blake was born July 6, 2009 at 8:52pm in room 10 at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, a day we will remember forever. I can't believe our little baby is officially one year old. The day of his birth was a whirlwind, fast and furious and wonderful. The minute I held him I knew we were meant for each other and he was going to bring so much joy to our lives. This first year has been full surprises, including how easily he fit into the family, what an easy peasy baby he was, it has been full of trials and errors, and most of all full of love. The actual birthday was a laid back day, we woke up did our normal stuff and then Memaw came over and we did presents, then it was nap time, after nap for snack time we did his cake ( a baby carrot cake I made for him). For dinner we decided to invite a couple friends and family to Chucke cheese for some pizza and games.

Here he is with his gifts from us and Memaw. They included the fire truck, a lot of little people farm accessories, farm books, a stuffed taggie puppy. Memaw got him the most amazing barnyard quiet book each page contains and animal puppet, and she also got him puzzles which were a hit.
We got him a huge Elmo balloon but he was terrified of it so out it went. We also learned that he gets a little overwhelmed by a lot of "stuff" going on, paper flying, everybody watching him, a huge scary balloon. But I also think he was overly exhausted since he had not slept well due to what I suspect teething.


I stripped him down for the cake, and he was not that into it. He kind of played with the icing but did not eat it at all.
He was more interested in chewing on his fork.



The Chucke Cheese fun begins



He looks so serious while "driving" this construction vehicle.


He's such a lounger

This cracks me up just cruising with Chucke

No comments: