Thursday, July 16, 2009

And Baby Makes Three! (or five if you count dogs)

Blake David Johnson has arrived, he was born July 6 and weighed in at 6 lb 5 oz. just a little peanut! His arrival came about a week and half early and the delivery was fast and furious! None of which we expected, I had a whole entourage in the labor and delivery room ready to wait for hours and hours with their books and snacks, and instead in about 4 hours of labor Blake was here, he was so ready to be born that my doctor did not make it in time and I did not get my epidural. I was so lucky to have my friend Alicia be my nurse, she was not even working that day but put on her scrubs to be there for us. When I think back to that time I can not imagine making it through without her there, she was amazing and strong and will always have a special place in our family for helping welcome Blake into the world. We are completely in love with him, he has been such a good baby thus far, he does all the normal newborn things sleeps, eats, poops, oh and pees all over his mommy at least once a day no matter what precautions I take to avoid that. We did end up having to stay in the hospital a couple extra days because he had a mild case of jaundice, which some blue light therapy cured right up. Krayton has really impressed me as he is quick to offer to let me nap and loves to cuddle his little Blakey. Oh and did I mention that my dear friend Shannon welcomed her own little bundle of joy the very next day, so we ended up being at the hospital together, Hannah and Blake got there very first picture together at only a couple days old.


This was his first day home from the hospital.

This is Blake's signature pose, he always has his hand under his chin like this and actually was born in that same pose, which was very comfortable for mommy as you can imagine.

Blake and Hannah, just relaxing!

3 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

I really can't decide who he looks like...have you looked back at yours and kraytons baby pics to yet?

Brooke said...

oh blake is so adorable! congrats girl, can't wait to see you!

Danielle said...

Your tired right now is much more tired than mine. Nothing can compare!! But the end is in sight of those first few weeks of sleepless nights and more than worth it! Hope you guys are doing well and I would love the buff chicken dip recipe! micahanddanielle@gmail.com