Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It's a strange thing to marry your high school sweetheart, strange in a wonderful way obviously but weird too. You have grown up together, been together your entire adult life and so you have celebrated so many birthdays together. Your relationship spans from the teens, the twenties, and then DUN DUN the freaking thirties (for him not me yet ;) Love ya babe! And it seems almost surreal to realize that a whole decade of age, the 20's,  has gone by.  We are so blessed to have such an amazing life together and you can now really really in a real way envision getting older together because well YOU ARE OLD! Your grown ups and your husband is thirty and its amazing! He is amazing, he has given Blakey and I a great life and works his hiney off to spoil us both rotten. Life can be hard and growing up together and changing can be challenging but it is without a doubt worth every smile and tear and all the stuff in between. He is an awesome father and with the birth of our son I've seen so much of him I know he will pass down and teach our boy and for that I will be forever grateful. Happy Birthday Babe I love you and DAMN you look good for 30 ;)

 When he woke up he had this surprise waiting for him

 Including his favorite cookie cake which I hid in the garage in a rubbermaid container with already inflated gallons so I could set it up first thing in the morning

 Have you noticed my love for Coton colors?

 Heres the deal... For months and months we had been planning on spending his big 3 0 in Las Vegas, My mom would keep the kid and off we would go away together with a couple friends. I am not going to lie I have not spent one night away from Blake ever in his whole life and I was half dreading it and half looking forward to it. Ok mostly dreading it.....but this was his birthday wish I was in all the way so can you imagine the joy in my heart when a week before we are to leave he unprovoked says "I don't want to leave Blake without us yet, lets wait until he's a little older" Yet another reason I love him so! But then it set in I have one week to plan something..... so Las Vegas theme surprise party is it! They golf club/restaurant was the perfect place to have it with a separate "party" room and down the street so I could sneak off and set up.

 I managed to make this cookies homemade, dough, icing all of it without the hubs knowing exactly what I was to. I will confuse there were only 12 cookies because dang they were labor intensive, especially when it's you first time making and using royal icing. I also made some card garland which I loved!

 We had all his favorite Tally peeps there

 We had a poker table, cards, chips, a roulette table, a craps table and even fake money which Tori is so gorgeously modeling

 Honestly the games didn't really get much play

 The only option for cake when it comes to my husband is PUBLIX cake, they did a great job given hardly any notice


 Holy Moly I'm in a picture and now you know why I hate them so much

 The boy wore a tie
 And enjoyed the fries


We decided to go out after the party and if this picture doesn't speak a thousand words for the life of parents I don't know what does, moving the stroller around to make room.  Despite my best efforts the birthday boy is just way to smart and figured it out he later told me, but he had no idea of the theme so there! And Las Vegas better watch out this summer!!! Thanks to all that celebrated with us we love y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren you are such a good mother and wife I'm so glad Krayton found somone like you Hey Krayton Happy belated 30th I tried to call you but you know how that goes So happy for you both Love all three of you !!!!!!!!